According to a University of Oxford study, people who monitored their energy use saved 5 to 15 percent more energy. Still not convinced? Here are just a few reasons to try energy monitoring.
- Understand energy costs of ‘vampire’ devices, long showers, leaving the lights on, keeping the HVAC system on, etc.
- Detect if appliances need maintenance or repair
- Track power generated by home solar panels or micro wind turbines
- Learn how energy use affects your carbon footprint
- Ensure your home’s energy-efficient features are performing well
- Gather baseline data and energy-use trends to monitor any spikes in usage
- Have solid data to encourage your household members to save energy