Local Redondo Beach Schools are in constant need of resources. Resources that will be used to provide enrichment programs above and beyond what is made available via the state and local government. Luckily there is an organization called the Redondo Beach Educational Foundation.
Established in 1991, the Redondo Beach Educational Foundation (RBEF) continues the tradition of the very first educational foundation in California, which began as a grassroots effort by concerned parents and community leaders whose mission was to provide supplemental funding of enrichment programs. In the summer of 2008, a new RBEF Board of Trustees was formed to rebuild, re-brand and revitalize this much needed community organization.
HOW RBEF SUPPORTS THE SCHOOLS
- Lab Science Teachers
- Vocal Music Teacher
- Band Teacher
- Elementary Counseling
- Teacher grant for innovative approaches to promote college readiness
- College field trips for elementary, middle school, and high school students
- Early participation college aptitude tests
- College readiness parent education
- Family Science Nights for all elementary schools and middle schools
- Middle school vocal music enrichment programs
- Peaceful Playgrounds at the elementary schools
- Music Center Artists in Residency Programs for the elementary Schools
Want to get involved? You can donate directly to the Redondo Beach Educational Foundation or participate in the Skechers Pier to Pier Friendship Walk being held Sunday, October 26 between 8:30am – 12:00pm starting at the Manhattan Beach Pier.
Contact Them To Learn More
The Redondo Beach Educational Foundation
409 North Pacific Coast Highway, Suite 310,
Redondo Beach, CA 90277
Telephone (310) 954-2004
RBEF is a nonprofit 501(c)(3) corporation;